Why isn't the 99 Tahoe listed on any kits and why only 2 door?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mange16v

Reaction score
Looks good, I am going to go with the 4" for sure. Found in an old thread talking about rancho lifts that they were seen as the strongest because they had a 1 piece subframe. Same as the Tuff Country. I was leaning more toward doing a real leaf lift instead of blocks but seems like the factory quality is much better and that will make it easier to hook up a hellwig load helper.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with blocks. GM used em back in the 60s, Ford n dodge as well....within reason of course lol

Mange16v

Reaction score
I know, I have had them on a truck before. Except making it go in the opposite direction of a lift. Going to order tonight and the Bilsteins also. If nothing else at least I will have a mostly fresh suspension.

I checked how far you are from me, 4 1/2 hours. Stuck up here in the north country...

Mange16v

Reaction score
This is the only real thing I was worried about on the truck. Couldn't find anything online on it, but it looks like the window seal is rusting. Nothing on the truck. It's a clean Arizona truck other than where they scraped the shop sticker off the door and they replaced the passenger door and painted it with a paint brush, southern border job... But those will get painted and I might get a hood like yours. Don't want to dump a billion dollars into it though. When I eventually have a lift I will pull the body off the frame and do some reinforcing and rust proofing.

Winter is here again.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The last Tahoe I had also had the same rust. I guess I was lucky or the guy who installed windshield didn't to tell me if there was rust under the seal. I put a visor on it so covered it up lol. Stuff from the south and outwest can get rust in weird places for sure. You must be up by Pottsdam or Plattsburg?

Mange16v

Reaction score
Plattsburgh, hopefully not for too much longer though. Looking like it's coming from the seal itself. This is the rear side window.

dmhscorpion

Reaction score
Just found out my lift is an older TrailMaster lift. I talked to National Tire n Wheel, said the torsion bars are longer on the 4 doors. Now to me this doesn't seem right, but never looked into it.

Mange, I never lifted the Tahoe, and my Yukon has the 4". I have we'll say 90% of the parts to SAS my Yukon. Been gathering pieces for like 10 years it seems lol. Whenever I get a truck to put it on, I find something else that I'd rather have, or it ****** me off and get rid of it.
A 4 door is 9 inches longer than a 2 door ...

Tachyon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have an early build 99 Tahoe with the floor shift 4x4. I am trying to figure out why all the kits I look at say they will only work up to a 1998 and for the Tahoe it has to be a 2 door?

The 98 and 99 Tahoe's have completely different front suspensions. I leased a 98 and was surprised when I replaced it with a 99 to see that (AFAIR) they had switched from coil spring front end to torsion bar.

This would definitely make and suspension kits incompatible. It also leaves you with a one year orphaned model after the 2000 platform change. That's why there's less aftermarket support for the 99's, unfortunately.

I've had similar troubles finding any kind of aftermarket suspension stuff for my 99 Suburban.