Why isn't the 99 Tahoe listed on any kits and why only 2 door?

Discussion in 'Stock Suspension + Bolt On Kits' started by Mange16v, Nov 29, 2019.

1. b454rat

b454rat I'm Awesome

5B211BED-DCEA-4663-AFAD-0C0C3AE13A89.jpeg

2. Mange16v

Mange16v Newbie

Looks good, I am going to go with the 4" for sure. Found in an old thread talking about rancho lifts that they were seen as the strongest because they had a 1 piece subframe. Same as the Tuff Country. I was leaning more toward doing a real leaf lift instead of blocks but seems like the factory quality is much better and that will make it easier to hook up a hellwig load helper.

3. b454rat

b454rat I'm Awesome

Nothing wrong with blocks. GM used em back in the 60s, Ford n dodge as well....within reason of course lol

4. Mange16v

Mange16v Newbie

I know, I have had them on a truck before. Except making it go in the opposite direction of a lift. Going to order tonight and the Bilsteins also. If nothing else at least I will have a mostly fresh suspension.

I checked how far you are from me, 4 1/2 hours. Stuck up here in the north country...

5. Mange16v

Mange16v Newbie

This is the only real thing I was worried about on the truck. Couldn't find anything online on it, but it looks like the window seal is rusting. Nothing on the truck. It's a clean Arizona truck other than where they scraped the shop sticker off the door and they replaced the passenger door and painted it with a paint brush, southern border job... But those will get painted and I might get a hood like yours. Don't want to dump a billion dollars into it though. When I eventually have a lift I will pull the body off the frame and do some reinforcing and rust proofing.

Winter is here again.

IMG_20191201_105059549.jpg

IMG_20191201_105042394_HDR.jpg

6. b454rat

b454rat I'm Awesome

The last Tahoe I had also had the same rust. I guess I was lucky or the guy who installed windshield didn't to tell me if there was rust under the seal. I put a visor on it so covered it up lol. Stuff from the south and outwest can get rust in weird places for sure. You must be up by Pottsdam or Plattsburg?

7. Mange16v

Mange16v Newbie

Plattsburgh, hopefully not for too much longer though. Looking like it's coming from the seal itself. This is the rear side window.

8. dmhscorpion

dmhscorpion Newbie

A 4 door is 9 inches longer than a 2 door ...

9. Tachyon

Tachyon OBS Enthusiast

The 98 and 99 Tahoe's have completely different front suspensions. I leased a 98 and was surprised when I replaced it with a 99 to see that (AFAIR) they had switched from coil spring front end to torsion bar.

This would definitely make and suspension kits incompatible. It also leaves you with a one year orphaned model after the 2000 platform change. That's why there's less aftermarket support for the 99's, unfortunately.

I've had similar troubles finding any kind of aftermarket suspension stuff for my 99 Suburban.

10. Mange16v

Mange16v Newbie

Any pictures of your 99 front end? Is it OBS or NBS?