Whole list of questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brothajack93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sell the 1500 and get a 2500/3500 crew cab. That solves some of the issues.

You need to raise the cab to fit the Allison.

You won't be able to run the Duramax setup with your wiring harness.

And the SAS by itself is really involved.

In short, probably best to buy a GMT 800/900 Duramax and do a SAS (SAS on that generation seems easier than gmt400 from what I've found) or an F250/350 4x4.
Agreed. I had to get beaten down a couple notches on this one. Some things are best done with better bones. If you’re going that heavy get a bigger frame setup with the correct body mounting to avoid anything structural. Your wallet will thank you. It’s one thing to have the donor already with these trucks and do a “just for *****” build but it gets over budget really quick when you start seeking out in demand and expensive parts for them

Brothajack93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I get it but it’s hard to find a decent duramax that’s not 40grand I priced out everything and I can slide right under like 10-20 depending on a lot of things
Honestly dude if you’re looking for a build and want to put in that much work anyway. You can shop Canada and get one in a condition that you can restore to live out its days in a much less corrosive environment for $10k-$18kCAD for a gmt800 duramax in great mechanical shape but looks like a northern truck or the “snow bird Chevy” look of multiple coloured patch or replacement panels. Little bit of underside body work and rust removal, metric to standard conversion plus a paint job and you definitely payed less than $40kUS and have a truck that you know is in good shape on every inch because you looked at and repaired everything as necessary. Your dollar is still high to ours and taxes less so it would be something to consider if that’s ultimately what your looking for. Gmt800s are still relatively cheap here for now and although they need love they are still where the obs was 10 years ago being socially looked at as an old beat up truck so the duramax is really the only one with value that will pull more than 5-7 grand Canadian for a clean one