Who sells modified upper control arms?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mik3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed on rough country's 2-3" lift for our trucks come with a modified upper control arms that I'm guessing are angled differently and are slightly longer to fix alignment issues. The issue I'm having is, when my truck is leveled, the UCA rides the bump stop and my camber/caster cams are maxed pushing the control arm out and still the alignment isn't correct. It rides hard and pulls sometimes due to the alignment being so far off. Basically I need a control arm that is a little longer, and will allow for more room between the bump stop. I don't know if it's an issue with the truck or an issue with the particular lift I received, but I can't get the truck level. The front end is a half inch lower than the back, and the UCA is riding the bump stop.. I'd think RCX would have thought of this, so maybe the control arm drop brackets are fabbed incorrectly? I have the 6" RCX installed. Any info you need on the truck should be in my signature.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
I don't remember a 6" kit that comes with Upper control arm bump stops...

Mik3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The kit includes two rubber bump stops with studs on the back. The studs go through those holes on the end of the crossmember.

Last edited:

Mik3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Called rough country and they say I'm cranked too high.. I don't see how, but okay? Apparently the lift they gave me isn't capable of the full 6" that was advertised. Could anyone with the 6" and 35s measure their fender height and post? I'll take some pics of my angels and measure my fenders and post up in a bit. From how things are looking right now, I'm thinking my only options are a ball joint flip or just take my AAL's out and decrank to 4"(Which I really don't want to do, my tires will rub until i can get a fricken body lift!).

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Post a pic of your angles.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't remember a 6" kit that comes with Upper control arm bump stops...

The kit includes two rubber bump stops with studs on the back. The studs go through those holes on the end of the crossmember.

those are lower arm stops, when i get my RCX I plan on running some limit straps so I dont beat the crap out of my shocks

Mik3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both the upper, and the lowers mount there. The lower arm stops mount on bottom, and the uppers on top. The UCA bump stop is designed to limit downward travel so you don't over-extend your shocks, and so you don't snap your brake lines/ABS wires. I took some measurements last night and took some pics of my angles. From the ground to the rocker was roughly 25"(Everywhere I look, people measure out to 26 1/4). Fender was roughtly 44-44.5"

I think my angles are actually a little steep.. The ball joints are stessed, and the CV looks like it will bind eventually..?

And here's where I placed my AAL.. I doubt its in the wrong place but just in case..

elwer

Reaction score
I just installed the same lift on my 97 k1500 and am having the same problem you had. I'm just wondering what you ended up doing to fix it?

chevydan3

Reaction score
Your angles look steep to me. Your add a leaf is installed in the wrong place, the leafs below your add a leaf shouldn't be longer than the add a leaf.