Who has the best reputation for reman 4L60E’s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kens Transmissions in Phoenix , Az. Hughes builds them for them, built my Turbo 350 for me for my drag car.
Thanks, I'll check them out.

Gearstar, what the Hot Rod guys ( Motor Trend ) use......never a complaint about them.
Yeah, I've seen them use Gear Star but, I really don't wanna have to pay for a total rebuild, I'm hoping it's something simple in the valving. It already has all the high performance parts in it. :33:

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, only 796 miles (12Hr 38Min) from my house:waytogo: :anitoof:
He's done transmissions from vehicles from California to Canada...I would imagine it's mostly his viewers taking the plunge from that far away.

I would agree that he doesn't seem to take gambles on changing parts or taking shortcuts.

But there's gotta be a local builder with the same work ethic as the this guy.

Heck, even my brother's 90 C1500 700R4 that got re built by an "economy" local guy is still working fine. I think it's been 20k to 30k since he had it rebuilt. I think it was around $1500. I'm guessing they just changed the broken parts and put the thing back together.

Reaction score
My 1999 K1500 Burb with 375K is on the fourth transmission. Original 4L60E lasted 170K. First budget rebuild from a shop in Brownsville TN was $1500 but only lasted 60k. 2nd Rebuild from same shop (with upgraded components) was $2000 but lasted 100k. I ordered a Monster tranny at 330k Miles. Monster doesn't even recommend their own standard build 4L60E. I ended up buying the 500HP model and paid around $2250 (Install was another $850). 40K miles so far and runs like a top. I'm running the original 5.7K with stock Fool Injection. In my opinion, you're better off to spend more to get the upgraded components and build if you intend to keep the vehicle. In fancy economic analysis terms, your marginal economic return on spending an extra $750 - $1000 is worth it.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I WOULD NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN!
I second that. My transmission from them came with a bad torque converter. 5 months later, we were removing it & sending it back for warranty, on my dime, after paying a local shop labor to diagnose a problem. Been running fine sense, but that left a bad taste in my mouth.