who are the go to steering/suspension parts now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wish I’d have heard the negatives about Moog before I had front end work done last year. The “Front End Guy” in my city recommended Moog so that’s what I went with. Idler arms, pitman arm, cv shafts, & ball joints. Hope they last.

machinehead

Reaction score
Wish I’d have heard the negatives about Moog before I had front end work done last year. The “Front End Guy” in my city recommended Moog so that’s what I went with. Idler arms, pitman arm, cv shafts, & ball joints. Hope they last.

i haven't heard all negative really, mostly on ball joints. i haven't heard too much negative on other chassis parts. i have moog uppers i have had on for like 4 years and they seem to be holding up ok.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I put MOOG problem solver upper ball joints on my Burb in October 2018. Still nice and firm. Need to do upper control arm bushings, will go with new arms just to not have to deal with pressing bushings! I'll keep the UBJs if they're still good, for spares. I have a set of new MOOG steering parts, for when those need replacing.
Houston area roads are crap unless they've just been repaved, so it's tough on suspension and steering parts.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Just ordered Acdelco Professional lower ball joints, pitman, idler, idler bracket, upper control arms, inner/outer tie rods and sleeves, stabilizer bar links(GM Genuine) and stabilizer bar bushings. I really liked the look of the Mevotech TX stuff but I did read some negative reviews on it as well, also it’s made in China. Not that that’s all true, you get reading that stuff and you get more confused! Also new heavier leaf springs, u-bolts, upper/lower cast leaf spring brackets, Richmond ring and pinion, spider gears and ALL new bearings and seals. New Fel-Pro intake manifold gasket kit as well! 49.5K on 1996 K1500.

Ben Burrage

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got Moog upper and lower ball joints, with some engineering to my suspension for over 10 years and no issues. Boots are all good and tight. My steering parts are ACDelco pro, only a year old and failing. The pro stuff seemed beefy out of the box but has not lasted. I have Moog to replace my pitman and idler parts. I will say to replace everything at once. If you piece meal repairs you can ruin new parts. I just helped my brother in law install the full Detroit axle front end kit. It seemed heavy duty, but I wouldn't use it. Hope this helps

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put MOOG problem solver upper ball joints on my Burb in October 2018. Still nice and firm. Need to do upper control arm bushings, will go with new arms just to not have to deal with pressing bushings! I'll keep the UBJs if they're still good, for spares. I have a set of new MOOG steering parts, for when those need replacing.
Houston area roads are crap unless they've just been repaved, so it's tough on suspension and steering parts.
Good to know. Louisiana roads aren’t the best either.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got Moog ball-joints on my truck currently, kept them greased but the boots are still gone and no matter how much grease I pound in them they still creak.
The ball joints are noisy? Sure it's not the control arm bushings?

I also installed Moog lowers less than a year ago on our Envoy. The boots suck, I'm done with Moog.
HOW do the boots suck? I put 'em on my Trailblazer. I like the idea of shielded boots--not gonna get ripped by road debris.

Trenton

Just a Texan transplanted in the Rockies
Reaction score
https://kryptoniteproducts.com/collections/1988-1999-gm-k1500-k2500-k3500-truck

Made in USA according to their website. I have no affiliation or personal experience - just ran across them while searching.

Kryptonite is THE GO-TO front end parts for hot rod or off road Duramax owners. Their parts are made SUPER well, and their warranty is better than anything you'll find on the market.

TruckMaster on YouTube has a few videos on Kryptonite stuff, along with some other big Duramax owner youtube channels. Everyone of them loves Kryptonite products.

Ricky8680

Reaction score