who are the go to steering/suspension parts now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The ball joints are noisy? Sure it's not the control arm bushings?

HOW do the boots suck? I put 'em on my Trailblazer. I like the idea of shielded boots--not gonna get ripped by road debris.

Got to looking at both the ball joints and the bushings after reading your post; the boots are indeed shot on my ball joints causing grease to seep out; but my bushings are also on the way out as well.
The noise is certainly coming from ball joints mainly, I re-greased them and things got quiet again.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was very disapointed in moog. I had my entire front end on my dodge ram 4x4 replaced with moog two years ago ( I have a take home company car so I only drive my truck about twice a week) and my front end sounds like its falling apart.

The moog parts have a life time warranty but I have to pay for instalation again which isnt cheap.

Bondovw

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 4x4 k1500 front end was so bad in 2014 . I had to do a panic stop because someone cut me off. I lost control of the truck and almost went off the side of a bridge.

I had everything in the front end changed. I had moog ball joints and Mevotech everything else installed. My truck has a 6 inch lift and is hard on parts. So far everything is still working great. I am impressed with Mevotech

machinehead

Reaction score
My 4x4 k1500 front end was so bad in 2014 . I had to do a panic stop because someone cut me off. I lost control of the truck and almost went off the side of a bridge.

I had everything in the front end changed. I had moog ball joints and Mevotech everything else installed. My truck has a 6 inch lift and is hard on parts. So far everything is still working great. I am impressed with Mevotech

good to see it’s still holding up well. What line of mevotech was it. The standard lines or the HD TTX?

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looking for front lca bushings, i saw that moog and mevotech have different sizes.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
When i bought my truck the idler arm had been replaced with 2000 to 3000 miles on it at the time of sale. I've put about 6000 miles on since I've bought it. The idler are is shot. It moves up and down about 3/16"! I was wondering why the truck wandered so much and that is why.

A new Moog is $130. A Drive works with limited lifetime is $60. I'm going with the drive works and see what happens....

Ken

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When i bought my truck the idler arm had been replaced with 2000 to 3000 miles on it at the time of sale. I've put about 6000 miles on since I've bought it. The idler are is shot. It moves up and down about 3/16"! I was wondering why the truck wandered so much and that is why.

A new Moog is $130. A Drive works with limited lifetime is $60. I'm going with the drive works and see what happens....

Ken

It's only you're money, but I wouldn't go with Driveworks. In the almost 30 years I've driven GMT 400 4wd's, the Moog idler arm and bracket have been the best I've found. The Super Steer bracket linked in this thread is interesting though........

Oh, and closely check the idler arm bracket also. The idler arm is no help with a worn out bracket.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I sent my new Acdelco Professional ball joints back. They were looser than my son’s worn out Xbox joy stick out of the box! Almost ordered Mevotech ball joints but at last minute after reading a ton of good reviews I went with XRF. Still going with Mevotech TTX inner/outer TR’s and TTX stabilizer bar links. Crossing my fingers.