who are the go to steering/suspension parts now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

machinehead

Reaction score
I have the ball joints on my tahoe. Fabulous parts. The paint or whatever they use has is still perfect even after extremely salty roads all winter,and they are still stiff as the day I put them on last summer,including wheeling & racing usage

I see the uppers but not lowers for the gmt400. Am I missing something? I’ve done some looking and have seen some posts on the duromax forums saying that the mevotech was the kryptonite house brand before they had their own made. Idk how much validity to that.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
I have the ball joints on my tahoe. Fabulous parts. The paint or whatever they use has is still perfect even after extremely salty roads all winter,and they are still stiff as the day I put them on last summer,including wheeling & racing usage

That's what I like to read! I'll have to keep this brand in mind to try as well.

machinehead

Reaction score
What year Tahoe? I just emailed kryptonite and they don’t have lowers for anything older than 1999. This is what they told me.

At Kryptonite we have not, However our Partner Dmax store used to use the TTX ball joint for a short while back in 2015-2016. As for their reliability I cannot speak to, never used them personally.

Ricky8680

Reaction score
What year Tahoe? I just emailed kryptonite and they don’t have lowers for anything older than 1999. This is what they told me.

At Kryptonite we have not, However our Partner Dmax store used to use the TTX ball joint for a short while back in 2015-2016. As for their reliability I cannot speak to, never used them personally.
Uppers only. (97 for reference though,can take a pic when I get home from work if you'd like)

You must be registered for see images attach

machinehead

Reaction score
Uppers only. (97 for reference though,can take a pic when I get home from work if you'd like)

You must be registered for see images attach
Yes they do show the upper as an option for these trucks, just not a lower and their GM didn’t give any indication that they would make them available. I think they are missing out on an easy segment.

Ricky8680

Reaction score
Yes they do show the upper as an option for these trucks, just not a lower and their GM didn’t give any indication that they would make them available. I think they are missing out on an easy segment.
100% agree with you,following that email I posted I said the exact same thing and didn't get a reply. I looked at it like "don't take my money then silly man"

Edit: totally missed your other post about the lower joints,my bad!

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Mevotech has quality stuff. I've used the blue/black stuff for over 10 years, never used the green TX stuff, which looks even heavier.

I've got the full ProForged setup on my LS swapped Z28, and it is good stuff too.