Whipple intake air temps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score

Awest623

Reaction score
On the other hand, that's pretty f-ing cool

But I'm not planning on running my AC every time I start up my truck. With their bypass that kit is a grand + little bits that ain't included. No thanks

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I live in Texas and was planning to tow. My a/c stays on most of the year. From about march through november. Doubt there is much need for charge cooling in 20-40°F weather.

Awest623

Reaction score
I live in Texas and was planning to tow. My a/c stays on most of the year. From about march through november. Doubt there is much need for charge cooling in 20-40°F weather.
From what I've heard about that little whipple unit, you'll always need charge cooling for it. I'm moving up to Washington soon. Not gonna lie that thing looks badass, but not for me.

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The killer chiller units do work but your ac in your cab looses a good amount of the cooling.
I don't see how....The compressor and condenser can handle a dual evaporator a/c unit and blow ice cold. Parallel plumb the evaporator and the killer chiller and both should work as intended.

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right and they say it doesn't. ive installed 2 kits. One in a gt500 and one in a 6.0 in a chevelle. the ac still works but it definitely is not what it was before. definitely did its job as far as intake temps thou!

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right and they say it doesn't. ive installed 2 kits. One in a gt500 and one in a 6.0 in a chevelle. the ac still works but it definitely is not what it was before. definitely did its job as far as intake temps thou!
The one I messed with was on a Cobra. Used R152a instead of R134a. A/C was colder with the killer chiller and R152a than it was with R134a. If it is series plumbed I could see a reduction in cooling.

Awest623

Reaction score
I do like the idea of having their electric 3 way valve on it. Run the heat exchanger when it ain't warm enough for ac and when ac kicks on it switches over. Now that would be pretty slick. Maybe something to think about later down the road

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk

Awest623

Reaction score
Does anyone run long tubes with their whipple? Just wanna make sure it'll fit. Can't tell from any pictures