Which whipple supercharger kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nmbigblock505

Reaction score
Good evening all,

So my name is Frank from New Mexico and I recently bought a 1997 K3500 dually with a whipple supercharged big block 7.4 454 but I'm not sure what gen I have or what kit I have so my question is would anyone be able to tell me how I can find out what whipple supercharger kit on my big block ? Thanks in advance for all replies!...

Nmbigblock505 aka Frank

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good evening all,

So my name is Frank from New Mexico and I recently bought a 1997 K3500 dually with a whipple supercharged big block 7.4 454 but I'm not sure what gen I have or what kit I have so my question is would anyone be able to tell me how I can find out what whipple supercharger kit on my big block ? Thanks in advance for all replies!...

Nmbigblock505 aka Frank
Your Vortec 7.4 is a Gen VI big block.. which Whipple is on it may better be determined by any serial or model #'s you can locate anywhere on the supercharger housing itself. You could then contact Whipple and ask 'em. The kit will be long out of production but hopefully they can help you identify it.

Pics! We love pics.

Richard

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whipple offered two different supercharger kits for the Vortec 7.4, a 1.6L and 2.3L (or something like that). The difference in size is readily apparent to the naked eye. The larger one looks like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

And the smaller one has a shorter body and long snout on the front of it like this:

The model is stamped into one of the readily visible machined surfaces on the body but I don't recall where. Disclosure: the pictures are not mine - they're scavenged from the web.

Prius454

Reaction score
Whipple offered two different supercharger kits for the Vortec 7.4, a 1.6L and 2.3L (or something like that). The difference in size is readily apparent to the naked eye. The larger one looks like this:

And the smaller one has a shorter body and long snout on the front of it like this:

The model is stamped into one of the readily visible machined surfaces on the body but I don't recall where. Disclosure: the pictures are not mine - they're scavenged from the web.

so the model number is on the drivers side of the gear box case . they also looked to be etched in with a hand etcher . but kinda pointless the 1.6l have a snout and the other as you can see doesnt have a snout