Which oil pan for Dart SHP 1-piece seal block?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JayMB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hypothetical question. If I already owned a 3.75" stroke crank for a 1-piece rear seal engine (86+) and I had the chance to buy a Dart SHP 1-piece rear seal block - do you guys know what oil pan would work for a K2500 that previously had a Vortec engine?

This may be a stupid question because right on the dart website it says "uses 80-85 oil pan with pass side dipstick" BUT aren't all the '86+ factory 1-piece rear main seal engines different around the rear main area from the 2-piece seal engines? Did dart just somehow standardize their blocks on the old oil pan and it doesn't matter?

Do any of you guys have first hand experience?

Basically this isn't going to be worthwhile for me if I need to buy a $300 drag car oil pan and then it hits the front axle housing. If a stock truck pan for an 80-85 square would fit the engine and the gmt-400 that'd be sweet but I've made similar mistakes before..

Thanks guys.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have an 80-85 motor in my '88 truck. It's not a problem fitting the truck.

If Dart says to use the 80-85 pan, I'd take their word for it.