Which drop spindle is the best

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Higgles

Reaction score
I am In the process of lowering my 1994 and can't decide which spindle to get for the front. I have a Belltech flip kit installed out back but can't decide if I should go with their drop spindle since they push the front wheels out 1/2in. I plan on running either 18in or 20in inch wheels.

I know the DJM spindles don't increase the track width on the front but I'm worried about the powdercoat not holding up. I've heard mixed reviews on the Mcgauphy's spindle, as they may require some grinding to clear the stock upper control arm. I haven't seen to many reviews on the Western Chassis spindle and was curious if these are any good. Are they powdercoated?

Looking for some advice on which manufacturer to go with. Any help would be appreciated.

You must be registered for see images attach

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have DJM spindles on my Tahoe. They are bare castings; I'm not sure if they have a newer version that is powdercoated.

I'm not sure if all drop spindles have the same geometry, but I'm not terribly impressed with the DJMs. Increased scrub radius and very strong anti-ackerman geometry make for some annoying handling traits, but they might all be this way. Otherwise, they have been fine for 60k miles.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im running DJM and have a totally different outcome. Mine has no handling issues but it kicked out only my driver side wheel further.

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
I used Mcgauphy's. No issues with the upper control arm. Only the lower arm took some grinding to clear my 15" wheels.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I only use McGaughy's on all my trucks. Never had any problems... they are bare but, I always spray them with enamel spray paint and they look good and are protected. No sweat about pushing the front wheels out either. I did use belltech on my current daily driver S10 but, that was only because its not that low where I have to worry and they were in a kit that was super cheap on Amazon.