Where to find Square push pin for the ashtray assembly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

megatronz0r

Reaction score
Where can I find these square push pins that hold the ashtray in the dash? I read LMC truck but i'm having trouble finding them.

You must be registered for see images attach

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you identify which part ID number on this illustration ?

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the expander for the plastic rivet? For now you can double over a piece of ziptie and shove it in there. Might play hell getting it out later.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can you identify which part ID number on this illustration ?

Not sure on that diagram, but on this Nemiga Parts Chevrolet diagram it should be number 48.

https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/epc/chevrolet/54c-c/16/tc16-101/

GM part number 12549532. Discontinued unfortunately. LMC used to stock replacements but I think they've been removed from the catalog for a while now. I'm not aware of a source currently.

@Wildblue19 Would this be something that you could print reproductions of? I have some spares from LMC still new in the package if you need a sample.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@df2x4 yes, we certainly can model those. But we need to make sure we meet or exceed oe strength in material. Do you have any guess as to what kind of plastic the OEM is made from?
Some brittle stuff that breaks after you remove it from the dash a couple times. Well, the receiver part, anyway. It's not an area that is under a bunch of stress, it's just one of those retainers that doesn't withstand much removal/reinstallation.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have any guess as to what kind of plastic the OEM is made from?

No idea. But as someotherguy mentioned I don't think they're anything super special. I can go open one of my packages and take some pictures if you think that would help determine anything.

I'd be happy to send you some as long as I get them (or an equivalent reproduction) back at some point. I've had a sealed four pack floating around in the glove box of both trucks for years now. Intended on using them when I replaced the ash tray light bulbs, but then I quit smoking cigarettes so I kind of lost interest in tearing that stuff apart. :lol: