Where can i find these OEM running boards/body kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank440

Reaction score
Too bad yours is extended cab. I’ve got a set I just took off my regular cab that came on the truck that I couldn’t handle because it was a little too much for me lol.

Too bad yours is extended cab. I’ve got a set I just took off my regular cab that came on the truck that I couldn’t handle because it was a little too much for me lol.
Hi do you still have these running boards? I'm interested in them. Thanks

demetrio bazan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was able to find this picture of my 92 before it was wrecked. I am planning on fixing it. I really love the look of these trucks with these fiberglass running board/body kit. I have been searching online but have not found these. I have come close to accept the fact that no one probably makes these anymore. If anyone knows someone/or a place that still makes these, please let me know.

You must be registered for see images attach
Over here in Texas my cousin said he knew where to find a set after my obs got crashed

demetrio bazan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not OEM, by the way. Just a pretty common aftermarket item back in the day, installed by conversion companies that would usually take a fairly low option truck and pimp it up with the running boards, wheels, seats, woodgrain trim, etc. and it would be sold as new on the dealer lot.

Richard
So my truck is one of those trucks then because it has wooden trim inside, fiberglass running boards, different wheels and a different paint job

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, some referred to them as "dealership customs" - not to mean the dealership did it, but that it was a "custom" truck right off the dealership lot. Outside companies did the work, and there were a bunch of them across the country. Probably still are a few just not the same industry these days as it was back then; tastes change.

Richard

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I do know Southern Comfort Conversions is still going, but they are doing stuff like this now:

Like Richard said, tastes have changed over the last couple decades.

RickCo

Reaction score
I was able to find this picture of my 92 before it was wrecked. I am planning on fixing it. I really love the look of these trucks with these fiberglass running board/body kit. I have been searching online but have not found these. I have come close to accept the fact that no one probably makes these anymore. If anyone knows someone/or a place that still makes these, please let me know.