Wheels & Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Seems like I've read on here that 2011 and newer wheels for the 8 lugs are a different pattern. Not sure about the offset, but apparently the pattern is different enough to require adapters to use the newest wheels on our era trucks. I think @Dravec may have more info on this, seems like he's been through this on his 2500 Burb.
The 800 series PY0 wheels fit our trucks fine and look good, but they're 16x6.5 so no help there if you want bigger/wider.....
For the longest time, GM 8 lug was 8 lugs on 6.5" (165.1mm) bolt circle. Same as with the lighter trucks, the change from 1/2" studs to 14mm studs came with squarebody to GMT400. This pattern lasted through 2010.

What did change a bit from GMT400 to newer was the offset on the stock wheels. GMT800's got about 1" of offset compared to 0" on GMT400's, not 100% accurate on this figure but just know there is a slight difference there.

The big change on the 8 lug pattern is 2011 when it went from 8x6.5" to 8x180mm which is closer to 7" than 6.5" on the old pattern. There may be some year-model discrepancy here based on "classic" vs. "new" models so choose carefully and ask lots of questions on the specs of whatever wheel you're buying.

Center bore matters too but only in the sense that it must be large enough on the wheel to fit the hub; there's lots of conflicting info out there on sizes so I'm not posting any. The wheels aren't hubcentric, they're lugcentric, so it's OK for the wheel bore to be larger..

Richard

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Thanks for the information! I knew I'd read on here there was a difference; good on you for clarifying it. There's options out there for GM factory wheels, just depends on the age of truck!