Wheel spacing info for lowered trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My truck is on bags and I can only run an 8.5 in the front with +30 offset or my fenders wont clear on the way down or up. I was running 20x8.5 +40 front and 22x9.5 +40 rear. My current set up (in this picture) is 18x8.5 +12 and 20x8.5 +12 and I cut it way too narrow. My fenders rub all the time. Every truck is unique to whoever sets it up. Also, my I have custom inner fenders and molding throughout. I have 4 new wheels coming in that are 19X8.5 +38 all the way around with 245/40/19 tires. This combo gives me the most space for my current setup but everyone's situation is a bit different.

These combos I see some people running I would never be able to run with bags, but from what I see I think you are safe with almost any 4/6 combo. I would cap the front tire at 255 max with 225-235 being ideal.

Reaction score
I love the big width look in the rear. Is there Any mods I will have to do to run a 7 inch lip on on the rear. I have heard of shorter rear end, reverse lip, 4link system with coilovers, and wheel well roll. Just wondering what's the widest wheel and lip I can accomplish with no mods. I have a 2/4 on my truck now and plan on running 22sor24s

9.5 or 10 which would allow you to run anywhere from a 275-295 tire.

Alfred Bohn

Reaction score
I’m new to all this and this is my first time ever on a public forum like this but I have a question about my truck 1978 gmc high Sierra 1500 longbed. I just did a c notch 4/6 and bought 15x8 ralleys with a 4.25 backspace what size tires would be a good fit? Being that I want a beefy low profile look with the white lettering showing.

e-fin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try this here. Im about to drop my truck with Belltec spindles and springs and won’t have my new 20 inch wheels for a few weeks. Instead of trimming lower control arms I’m thinking of using .25 inch/6.35mm spacers to get me to the alignment shop with the factory 16 inch steel rims with normal size tires. Is this a decent plan or not? I haven’t ordered the spacers yet but they are pretty cheap, maybe $30. Also I’m probably not searching this forum right but can’t find any pictures of trimmed lower control arms to fit smaller factory rims. Anybody got some pics?

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try this here. Im about to drop my truck with Belltec spindles and springs and won’t have my new 20 inch wheels for a few weeks. Instead of trimming lower control arms I’m thinking of using .25 inch/6.35mm spacers to get me to the alignment shop with the factory 16 inch steel rims with normal size tires. Is this a decent plan or not? I haven’t ordered the spacers yet but they are pretty cheap, maybe $30. Also I’m probably not searching this forum right but can’t find any pictures of trimmed lower control arms to fit smaller factory rims. Anybody got some pics?

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/trimmed-lca.11950/

Should get you rolling.

yrusohi

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time posting. I know this has been asked a million times and I'm sure I've read just about ever post on the internet but still can't figure it out.......
I'm dropping my 93 rcsb 4/6 with DJM kit. The rims I want I can only get in 20x8.5 with +10 offset and 5.14 backspacing. I was going to run that with a 245/35/20 tires. Will that work??
Tire size is flexible. i wouldn't' mind a larger profile if it will fit. Thanks in advance

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been meaning to post my setup, never remember to lol. Dunno if it would be the same for trucks, but I have a 4 door Tahoe. I'm running C5 vette wheels, 17x8.5 fronts and 18x9.5 rears. Fronts i want are 275/50s, but not in stock yet, so ran 255/55s n now 235/60s cause the 55s are smoked from a bad alignment. Rears are 295/45s. Clears no problem, guessing around a 2/4" drop. I have 2 1/4" spacer in the back, and fronts are 1 3/4" I think. But rears can get tucked with 2", and think the same for the front. Post a pic in a minute....