Wheel Spacer help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I just used normal aluminum Ebay 1.5" spacers for my K2500, weren't hub centric. Now the front and rear are identical. I personally wouldn't go anymore than 1.5".

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just used normal aluminum Ebay 1.5" spacers for my K2500, weren't hub centric. Now the front and rear are identical. I personally wouldn't go anymore than 1.5".
After searching, hubcentric spacers won't work for these axles unless you go deeper than the depth the hub sticks out. I don't want to go that big.

The reason I'm going 2" is so I can use "stock" hummer H2 center caps on my H2 wheels. I'm going to paint them black to match. Then add a bowtie where it normally says Hummer(the caps I'm buying don't say hummer).

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anybody know - is hub centric different for the semi float 14 bolt versus the full float?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anybody know - is hub centric different for the semi float 14 bolt versus the full float?
I dont know for sure... but I would guess no. Unless the axles are a different size I would think there the same. But never owned a 2500...

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you're referring to spacers? Then yes, for the wheels, I don't think they would be. All the hubcentric spacers I found, would not work on a full float. The ring for the wheels would impede on the hub(narrower center bore) at the outside edge of the spacer. I went with lugcentric because of this. The only way I could see the hubcentric spacers working is if you did a 3"+ spacer, that would put the outer lip of the spacer beyond the end of the hub.

I just ordered mine last night though, so I will update once I get them in and install them.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Don't need hubcentric. The conical seat lug nuts (and the corresponding seat on the wheel) are what center the wheel (and will center the spacer.)

Wheels that don't use conical seat lug nuts must be hubcentric; they're depending on the hub/bore interface to center the wheel.

Get a set of quality spacers, don't sweat the hubcentric issue, install them and torque them carefully to the hubs and re-torque them after some miles.. and then check 'em again later.

Richard