Wheel center caps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dnytro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
eBay offer up and amazon had nothing, at $470 a set I might as well buy new wheels lol-thanks for the link though, that will come in handy.

These caps came with the truck when I bought it, so if I can’t make em fit neatly, no money lost.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you search "C1500 center cap" on eBay there are a few loose ones with the gold Chevy logos for around $30 each.

Also you may want to check salvage yards. Here's a couple sites that index salvage yard inventories across the country. Car-part is for full service yards, row 52 is for U-pull-it type places.

car-part.com

row52.com

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If black cap fits over lug nut(not threaded side) and if it passes through chrome cap it should work.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
IIRC, those black caps need to be trimmed down a bit.
The black plastic nut/cap is bottoming out against the the wheel before the ring on them tightens up against the center caps.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC, those black caps need to be trimmed down a bit.
The black plastic nut/cap is bottoming out against the the wheel before the ring on them tightens up against the center caps.
On mine?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If black cap fits over lug nut(not threaded side) and if it passes through chrome cap it should work.
If OP's are legit original (or authentic repro) squarebody caps, the plastic lug covers aren't going to hold them on. They're chromed pot metal and quite heavy compared to the plastic GMT400 caps. You gotta secure them to the wheels with the screws, which means they only attach to squarebody Rally wheels.. unless you want to carefully mark, drill, and tap other style wheels to adapt these caps to.

Richard

Dnytro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
They’re plastic center caps, not metal. And yes that’s exactly the issue I got now, I opened up the center cap holes to fit over the lugnuts and the plastic lugnuts will prevent the cap from flying off but it’s not on snug. I’ll make these work, I’ll post up the results

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They’re plastic center caps, not metal. And yes that’s exactly the issue I got now, I opened up the center cap holes to fit over the lugnuts and the plastic lugnuts will prevent the cap from flying off but it’s not on snug. I’ll make these work, I’ll post up the results
Ah, OK. Well weight-wise you're OK but without that special ridge the GMT400 caps have (like Caman96 pictured for you) I think you're fighting an uphill battle. If you secure them simply with the plastic lug caps, you'll also still have the screw holes in the caps. I'd go ahead and install the plastic lug caps for cosmetic reasons (or replace the lugs entirely with chrome solid lugs) and retain the caps with screws. Careful marking before drilling is imperative or they're gonna look clunky as the wheels turn.

Richard

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, OK. Well weight-wise you're OK but without that special ridge the GMT400 caps have (like Caman96 pictured for you) I think you're fighting an uphill battle. If you secure them simply with the plastic lug caps, you'll also still have the screw holes in the caps. I'd go ahead and install the plastic lug caps for cosmetic reasons (or replace the lugs entirely with chrome solid lugs) and retain the caps with screws. Careful marking before drilling is imperative or they're gonna look clunky as the wheels turn.

Richard
Yeah mine don’t have these holes or bolts I presume to attach.
You must be registered for see images attach