Wheel and tire fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John77lt

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right spot for this question, but here goes. I have a 96 2wd 1500. My son is fixing to be driving this truck. I'm looking at getting some new rims and tires for it. The rims he likes are Fuel Vandal. They come in an 18x9 with either a -12 offset or with a +1 offset. We are also looking at using 255 55 18 tires. This is a 29" tire 10" wide. The tryck is lowered 2" in back to sit level. Just wondering if anyone has ran this setup before. Thanks for any advice.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Taken from the sticky, according to the charts it looks like it won't work as it needs higher than 19mm of positive offset. You could probably run this with a good set of adapters but I'd search for another set of wheels first.

I didnt come up with this chart I copied it but it makes breaking down a wheel choice simple. Hopefully it will become a sticky.

Thank's and I will repost it here These numbers are for stock track width, static dropped trucks.

These numbers are the absolute minimum and will keep the wheel inside the fenders. Your wheel diameter, tire selection and drop will be the desiding factors in whether or not you have to roll/modify inner fenders/lips.

When you're looking to buy a wheel, you will need to know either the Offset or backspacing of the wheel. If you're looking at a wheel and it doesn't meet the specified numbers for it's width, it will not tuck and there's no chance with your stock track width. so this is to help with wheel selection.

The key number you need to assess is the front spacing. it needs to be 4.25" or less. If the front spacing on the wheel is higher than that it will not matter what the backspacing is because it will never tuck

the Categories are the width:

7"
Offset:-6mm or higher
Backspacing:3.75" or higher

8"
Offset:+6mm or higher
Backspacing:4.75" or higher

8.5"
Offset:+12mm or higher
Backspacing:5.25" or higher

9"
Offset:+19mm or higher