Whats Your Favorite Towing Add-On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Aley

Reaction score
Backup cameras are high on my list of future add-ons. My 97 dually has the big tripod mirrored that we're optional from the factory, but even with those the rearward visibility isn't that great even without a trailer. I'm just waiting until I'm ready to take the plunge and do the dash conversion for a double din stereo unit for the screen.

So far, the best thing I've added was the 16k receiver hitch. In addition to cameras, a new brake controller and slightly longer ball mount are on the list. And maybe a can and dyno time for the poor overworked 350.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone added transmission temerature sensor?

That's going on my Jeep XJ in spring. I know that even though I have an add-on tranny cooler, I always wonder and fret a little over what my tranny is doing. For me, it'll be peace of mind. (Or a wake-up call! LoL)

:)

I installed a temp gauge, but the truck came stock with a sensor so if you have an app or apparatus that reads off of the OBDII port you could monitor it that way. After watching it in the blue truck I don't know how concerned I am with the dually. Basically if the converter is locked, fluid is fine. It only heats up in stop and go hot as balls weather. I have seen it rise up some long climbs, but I'm talking 10+ minutes of digging in 2nd gear, foot floored or close to it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You could also hang a rack or something off the top hitch hole while pulling a trailer.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Now add camper tie downs, a super truss, and harness extension.

Oh trust me, I have; but truly I'd rather not cheap out on quality towing gear when pulling a 18' enclosed trailer loaded down with 4-wheelers, dirt bikes, and a side-by-side with a camper on the back.....whenever all that may happen...