Whats Your Favorite Towing Add-On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Dually doesn't change the need for bags. That depends on suspension not tire ratings.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Show me a Dually that has lighter rear suspension over a SRW from the factory...

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here, here. No airbags necessary for just pulling my travel trailer.
I wholeheartedly disagree. I have a dually. The purpose of the airbags is not for capacity it is for bringing the ride height back to stock so that you have your correct steering geometry.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wholeheartedly disagree. I have a dually. The purpose of the airbags is not for capacity it is for bringing the ride height back to stock so that you have your correct steering geometry.

I agree with you there. But this is the first truck I've owned where air bags weren't an absolute requirement. I have a 10K equalizer hitch that does a really good job of keeping too much squat out of the rear end. The heavier rear suspension you usually get with a dually will fight sag much more than your standard half ton leafs will. I have my truck trailer and hitch set up that it rides nice and level even fully loaded.

If I were pulling 8000+ on a regular basis, I'd definitely be installing a good set of Firestones with on board air like I had on my Titan. That system is hard to beat.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If the truck sits level, like when using a WD hitch, there is no need for bags. What I intend to use the truck for will definitely necessitate the bags, weight in the bed, hitch extension, and 8000+ car hauler. There's a 12k gvw leaf pack local that's tempting me with its 3 upper overloads.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Hmm. I wonder if my off road hauling set up I've had kicking around in my head would be too much for my ECSB K2500; it'd be a couple years before I built anything serious, but it never hurts to have the idea refined...