Whats the value of a z71 gmt 400 step side bed? plastic liner too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Since I have one and I dont have a short bed truck I was wondering what the relative value probably comes out to be so I could maybe sell it or trade it for a full 8 foot bed of some kind, but I dont want to give it away if its more valuable than i assume. but i also dont want to be a "I KNOW WHAT I GOT" When I infact, do not know what I got.
Minimal rust, bedliner that is plastic, paint is OK at best. says z71 on the back on sides. missing tail lights. missing handle on tailgate for some reason. otherwise its all there, .

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
100% depends on condition of the fiberglass sides, especially down along the bottom and rear where they can get broken. 10 years ago pricing around my area would be anywhere from $500 to $1000 based on condition. Might be worth a little more now because of supply/demand.

Handles frequently gone because someone grabbed it for another truck.. the handles go bad at the pivot point. They're inexpensive and easy to replace.

Nothing special about Z71 on the bed other than the stickers. It's a stepside ("sportside") bed.. fits any 88-98 shortbed GMT400

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They are not fiberglass, they are SMC. Have to make sure to use the right products when doing body work on them, epoxy based if I remember correctly. There is a sticky on it in the paint/body section of the forum..
Nitpicking, sorry I called it the wrong product but my point stands. Value depends on condition of the SMC side panels, that they are not broken.

Richard

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nitpicking, sorry I called it the wrong product but my point stands. Value depends on condition of the SMC side panels, that they are not broken.

Richard
Didn't mean to come off like a jerk, just passing on information that myself didn't learn until a few months ago, and I've owned my stepy since 1995. I wish they were fiberglass!!!! A lot more straightforward to repair, I have a nasty rock chip in my fender.
But as for the OP.....it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay. List it for what you want, and if no one bites, start lowering it.