whats the best way to lower a 1 ton 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTwarrior

Reaction score
Im considering dropping my cclb 1 ton, swapping a dually rear end in and running semi tires, or wheels that loom the part, ive seen a few trucks like this and i love the way they look and i cant find a lift for my 2wd so might as well go low. I saw a belltech kit thats like a 5front/8rear but im not sure if i could run this kit with airbags on top of it or what. I want to run low but smooth, easy ride, i know i cant make a 1 ton ride like a benz but i want to make it close to that

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
You could swap in a dually bed and axle in the rear and dop the rear until its level with the front. I dont know how well semi wheels and tires would fit in the front if its dropped 5". And if you throw it on bags instead of springs itll ride pretty darn nice but im not sure how useful it would be as a truck with bags. What do you intend to do with this truck? Haul? Pull? Just look and ride good?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I've always wanted a lowered phantom dually with super single rear semi rims.

sry, doesn't answer your question but I love the look your going after.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Go hang out on duallyscene but you should read a bunch of posts before asking questions, because all the problems doing this have been solved though of course there are a couple different ways to do it.

For starters though, in the front you'll likely end up running the SRW style hubs instead of dually hubs. For the rear some guys are running the chassis cab axle which is 8" narrower than a dually axle. Depending on which wheels you want it may take a specially milled wheel, or stretch your dually fenders.

Be prepared to do work if you want to run lowered on semi's. Totally do-able and plenty have done it, it's just far from bolt-on.

There are some direct-bolt 8 lug 19's/19.5's (you'll want 19 for low profile tire availability of course) that can get you closer to the semi look, but I still think there are issues with the width/backspacing that require you to run a stretched dually fender. I've forgotten some of the discussion on those.

Richard

Dahead76

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just did the same swap on a 95 c2500. Running a 3-4 drop and semi wheels. 3 inch drop spindles up front and shackle and hangers in back.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm running a dually rear. If you use the 3/4 ton or narrower you will have to link it. Rims hit the leaf springs on the 3/4 ton rear that was in it. Even the stock dually rims hit.

WTwarrior

Reaction score
Ill have to check out that duallyscene, i really want a show truck out of it, just a sharp looking street machine.
So if i run a regular dually axle i wont have to worry about rubbing but using a srw axle with duals ill have rubbing, right? Making sure i got that right. Very good looking truck

Dahead76

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, it's been a slow process getting it to where it's at now. Yes, with the srw axle you won't even be able to bolt the dually rims up. The only problem with running semi wheels with the drw axle is they stick out. That's why my back end sits so high.

You must be registered for see images attach

I had 3/8 of an inch milled off the face of each rim and they still stick out that much. If you have any questions, PM me and I'll help you work thru any problems. I was lucky to have the whole donor truck for the swap.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
...which is why I was suggesting the chassis cab rear axle. Yes, it takes more mods to get it in there but gets you more clearance at the fenders for your semi's. If you want to run low, it's work.

Richard