What's a good bench seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roscoe's mouse-turd-filled seat went to the dump yesterday and I'm going to need something to replace it. When I rebuilt Way Cool Jr I used a pair of '95 Cadillac STS heated power leather seats. Fancy stuff, and very nice!

...but on Roscoe I want a bench seat that's comfortable for long-distance driving. My purpose for this truck is long-distance hauling of my race teams' cars. I want a built-in center console that folds up into seating for a third person, just in case something happens to one of our other support vehicles. I was thinking that a split seat would be nice so the passenger can recline, but honestly that's not a deal-breaker. Manual controls are just fine, although electric is preferred. If the seats don't have heaters, it's my plan to install them with an aftermarket kit. Please note that I still have the seat frame and sliders from Roscoe, and fabbing a seat mount is fairly easy for me.

Most importantly it has to be comfortable for a ten-hour drive to a bunch of guys who are passing into their 50s, and temperature-wise I find leather much more comfortable than cloth.

Who's done a bench seat swap or knows of a seat setup that meets the criteria?

Mandatory: Comfortable, has a center console, and available in a junkyard for a couple Benjamins.
Very nice: Electric controls, seat heater, leather, split seat.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have that set up in my daily, with cloth. I think they're comfortable,but that's highly subjective.
All the years had that style available, just make sure it's the folding console not the permanent jump seat.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
As much as I hate admitting it; early 2000s Super Duty Fords have excellent leather bench seats. Look for the Lariat trucks, 2004 has heat and power for both sides. My 97 F150 had the Mark III package and was very comfy, but the likely hood of good condition seats are rare and those are rare-er.

Ford Super Duty seats Are below. The cloth ones are nice but no heaters on them.

GMT800 seats are also good. Look for any one of them except base model trucks.

If you want to be way too pampered look for 80s Chrysler New Yorker seats. I grew up in them and they were comfy
You must be registered for see images attach

Edit: The center of the Chrysler seats don't have a console in the middle, only an armrest.

Attachments

• 1651505983635.jpeg
    1651505983635.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited: