what up classic mechanics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

freeamerican

Reaction score
my name is mike. i have taken posession of my dad's old 90 sierra sle 5.7. i have been wrenching on this thing for a few months trying to make it great again. i am constantly googling things to help me with fixing this truck up. gmt400.com is a frequent search result that has helped me fix many, many things so far. i figured i should join so i could ask questions and help someone with the experience and knowledge i have gained while fixing up this un-killable truck. i plan on this being my project for years to come as i am falling in love with turning wrenches at age 43. lol.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. This site is rife with experts and great info.

Dan, 45, 5 GMT400 trucks.
Been in love with this truck series since my neighbor bought an '89 brand new. Then he Supercharged and straight piped it. That truck is mine now, and in my garage undergoing a full resto.

In my fleet is an '88 stepside rotbox I've had since 1998, my 98 Suburban 2500, '00 Denali, and my new project, a 2500 2wd "street legal trophy truck" inspred daily driver

Last edited:

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Post some photos if you can!
Always looking on here for ideas, there's tons of helpful info.

freeamerican

Reaction score
here's a couple of pics. i went with raptor liner tinted to GM White sprayed at 60 psi. painted black old school "mag" wheels. 5.7 with throttle body spacer and cat delete. 100 percent new sensors (every sensor on truck) lmao. haven't started on interior, yet. it is next on the list. today i finished taking ALL the free play out of my steering system. the engine has approx 35,000-45,000 miles. it is a 2 bolt main gm goodwrench long block. 4l60e has approx 60,000 miles. rear end is original. the truck has approx. 700,000 miles on it total. the truck probably has more NAPA parts than ac delco. lmao. it is my daily and has served me well for 6 months and served my father well for 30 years.
You must be registered for see images attach