What type of rims are on your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
17x9 -12 offset Moto metal mo970 wrapped in 305/70 Toyo at2. I was planning a 20x10 but at the time it wasn’t in my budget

Attachments

• CD666DA9-2EA6-4B35-8E40-488F1D420538.jpeg
    CD666DA9-2EA6-4B35-8E40-488F1D420538.jpeg
    386.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The biggest difference I can find is the lug nuts are 14mm on Dad's truck, and 1/2" on the 80's stuff... so is it as simple as using a new set of 14mm Lug Nuts with these older rally wheels?
It should be, but I haven't personally done it. Put two lug nuts on it and make sure the wheels tighten all the way down against the flange and that they don't hang up on the hub. If the rallys use tapered lug nuts, get tapered lugnuts. When you get it tightened, spin the wheel and inspect to make sure you have ball joint and brake caliper clearance.

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on 94 k1500 I have stock wheels which I like (you can see them on my inset photo) but they are corroding and starting to leak a little. Les Schwab says I need to replace them. Being really old school, I'm trying to find white jackman (wagon wheel) 16" wheels with whatever backset or out set of an inch or so for a wider wheel stance. I've found some that will work but none with wider stance. These are the kind you see on lots of travel trailers, which mine has. Any suggestions?

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on 94 k1500 I have stock wheels which I like (you can see them on my inset photo) but they are corroding and starting to leak a little. Les Schwab says I need to replace them. Being really old school, I'm trying to find white jackman (wagon wheel) 16" wheels with whatever backset or out set of an inch or so for a wider wheel stance. I've found some that will work but none with wider stance. These are the kind you see on lots of travel trailers, which mine has. Any suggestions?
Those wheels may need some attention, but I doubt they need to be replaced due to corrosion. Now if they're bent or cracked that's a different story.
@kennythewelder is the stock wheel refurbish guru.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I remember Jackman wheels from the late 70's. I'm guessing it's the same company. They made wheels for 4x4's.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score