What torque converter and flexplate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sal09

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What torque converter and flexplate are y’all using with your 4l80e? Got a 96 5.7 c1500 and bought a 4l80e of a 2003

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not really sure what converter I used as I just ran the one that came off the donor truck. Here's the flexplate I bought though. GM Performance 12554824.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/nal-12554824/

Keep in mind I did this swap on a V6 truck, so you may want to double check that the flexplates are the same via diagrams on GM Parts Direct or somewhere similar. I'm sure they probably are, though. That Summit listing even says 5.0/5.7.

sal09

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really sure what converter I used as I just ran the one that came off the donor truck. Here's the flexplate I bought though. GM Performance 12554824.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/nal-12554824/

Keep in mind I did this swap on a V6 truck, so you may want to double check that the flexplates are the same via diagrams on GM Parts Direct or somewhere similar. I'm sure they probably are, though. That Summit listing even says 5.0/5.7.

Thanks bro, been reading your thread. Using yours almost as guide. Thought mine be a lil different and also cuz my tranny came of a 2003 and read it was slightly different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wheelman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look on line for Bruce auto parts mechanicsville va.they can tell you what will work.its their business

Selling used parts.they know what interchange,s.