What to prepare for before I rip into engine....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also should there be vacum on the dipstick tube.
Yes - very slight vacuum as the PCV system draws air through the crankcase.

New update lol. I still haven't had time to tear into it and for fathers day my wife is just letting me take it to a shop. There charging 300 labor to re seal the upper and lower intake and put the new spider in.

It will soon be done!

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes - very slight vacuum as the PCV system draws air through the crankcase.

It will soon be done!
Yes debating on selling my 4x4 tacoma and daily driving the chevy fir a few months. I could have about 2500 to do wheels tired and suspension and ac work. I wanna do a mild 2/4 ss wheels

Ruff Idol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Double & triple check the plug wires are on correctly & correct amount of dielectric. I screwed this up on an Explorer and almost went to replace the distributor until I found my mistake - big glob of the grease in the plug boot.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Double & triple check the plug wires are on correctly & correct amount of dielectric. I screwed this up on an Explorer and almost went to replace the distributor until I found my mistake - big glob of the grease in the plug boot.

Oh i did.

It's coming out of the shop tuesday upper and lower intake re sealed with new injectors..everything runs good gonna do wheels tires and 2" rear drop for now and just enjoy driving it.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Put a set of march underdrive pullies, a set of shorty headers on it, open up the exhaust with a magnaflow muffler and enjoy it. Those 3 items alone will make it have alot more get up and go. I did all 3 to the small cammed L30 305 I had in my 99 Tahoe.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
$300 for a new set of injectors and intake gasket? That's labor only right? The MPFI are running around $350 if I remember correctly.

I've got an Innova 5610 from AAP. It's kinda spendy, but has live data and can do injector balance tests on these trucks. I've certainly gotten my money's worth on it by helping me see if sensors are okay, instead of just playing Russian roulette and changing parts at will.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nooo 300 labor lol.

I paid 301 for the injectors through my works and the gasket said I have had.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to do an oil change and change the driver side upper ball joint...which should not be bad since it already has studs.

Gonna start driving it after that once a week to work 90 mile trip...just no ac in it right now...thats the next project.