What to prepare for before I rip into engine....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So i know it seems Like I am penny pitching but I got a used intake off an 98 vortec for 50 bucks lol. Supposedly has good injectors so gonna swap it.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got space in the shop and the truck ready for tear down this week...had a honey do list to get to and ran out of time to start. Gonna start tear down tomorrow I'm hoping..looked in the throttle body and seen nothing but 20 + years of gunk.

You must be registered for see images attach

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

This is #2 injector

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

This is #2 injector

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Soo..can't use the used intake spider injectors look the same. Is there any brand other than ac delco yall recommend for injectors

Vikingdude

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Soo..can't use the used intake spider injectors look the same. Is there any brand other than ac delco yall recommend for injectors
Buy the AC Delco MFI injector. I purchased a cheaper one and the clips didn't fit and getting it replaced was a hassle. If you're replacing a spider, do it right and do the MFI.

Greg Pace

Reaction score
You can do an injector test if you have a bi-directional scan tool. I would suggest looking into the intake manifold gasket. You have compression, you can be leaking coolant (is it disappearing?) The gasket can also be leaking to atmosphere, you can do a smoke test, and you can see if a combustable spray on the manifold gasket at #2 speeds up the idle. Are you running lean on bank 1?

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a scanner yall recomend that can read fuel injector trims i just have a cheap 20 dollar walmart code reader.

Also should there be vacum on the dipstick tube.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New update lol. I still haven't had time to tear into it and for fathers day my wife is just letting me take it to a shop. There charging 300 labor to re seal the upper and lower intake and put the new spider in.