What shocks is everybody using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Total travel does not change with a lift kit, valving only differs a little on rebound as previously indicated. Here's a copy/paste of the reply I got from them.

That's good info. I really wish I could get a partial kit from RC that discludes the TB crossmember and the shocks altogether so I could piecemeal a better setup together without spending so much and having a surplus of useless parts.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That's good info. I really wish I could get a partial kit from RC that discludes the TB crossmember and the shocks altogether so I could piecemeal a better setup together without spending so much and having a surplus of useless parts.

Same here as they only seem to offer junk shocks with their kit. Instead of a torsion bar cross member drop, why not the little deals that step the bar up at the control arm? Much cleaner solution IMO. I forget who makes them,, but there is a recent thread on here about them.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Same here as they only seem to offer junk shocks with their kit. Instead of a torsion bar cross member drop, why not the little deals that step the bar up at the control arm? Much cleaner solution IMO. I forget who makes them,, but there is a recent thread on here about them.

Yeah the Realift units? I ordered a pair week before last. They are pricey, a full third of the cost of the WHOLE RC kit. So that eliminates the need for the TB drop bracket altogether but they truly make everything much more functional/cleaner with the kit.

I really just need the front crossmember and drop brackets from the front and I would piece together the rest.

Unless I can find a used kit here soon I'm going to have to just buy it all new and use the shocks until I can justify upgrading again in a couple years

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I just put eyes on a friend's GMT800 knuckle lift and must say that I am a fan of the way it keeps the steering geometry in line. I don't like that it widens the track width on a GMT400 though.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Agreed. There just are not many options for us late model 2500 4x4 cc guys. An even wider track width in front is out of the question.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Back on topic somewhat:

What does everyone know about remote reservoir options for these trucks I've seen dual shock setups on these trucks.

I imagine there is little need for RR shocks on these, again as there really aren't long travel options for the TB trucks. But just curious.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Total travel does not change with a lift kit, valving only differs a little on rebound as previously indicated. Here's a copy/paste of the reply I got from them.
Interesting response considering cranked tbars do not "preload." the spring rate of a torsion bar is the same either way...