Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrandpasTruck

Reaction score
So about a year or two ago my grandpa passed, my dad got out of prison and did some less then ideal things to the truck before my grandmother got fed up and gave me the keys and the title. I love this truck. (1998 Chevy 3500 454 2wd DRW) I remember my grandpas dream with it but I need advice/help, he wanted a lowered tow pig with a nice stereo system. I own a horse and do plan to get more so I drive on and off a farm a lot. My main problem is there's big holes and dips in the terrain out there I feel within a week I'd break something and destroy a fender if I lower it like he would have wanted. Is there anything that would give me a drop even a small one but could bring me back to factory ride height if needed??

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't go super low with a static drop, say 2/4, I think you'll be fine. Put some helpers on it to tow and you'll be able to use it and look good.
As stated above, bagging it is the only way to have it adjustable on the fly.

GrandpasTruck

Reaction score
I'm running an Air Lift SlamAir kit on another one of my trucks. It's designed to help with towing on lowered trucks in mind. Maybe something to look into?

Looked into it and the ones that fit the 3500 require a 5-6 inch drop and I cant go that low with the rough terrain on the farm but that you man and I bet that's one hell of a truck you got?

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
DJM is who I plan on getting my 2/4 kit from for my 3500. It's front springs and rear shackles. The next step they say is a 3/4 kit using your stock front springs and drop spindles. I don't want any harsh (lol, for a 1 ton truck) ride or alignment issues, so I'm wondering if I should get the 3/4 kit?
Like you, I still want to drive wherever.