What Kind of Rims do You Guys Have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Steel rally wheels off of an 83 with metal center caps
You must be registered for see images attach
Those look really cool, and just a little bit different. That's the only thing I don't like about the stock Burb wheels, they're so common. Eventually I want to polish them like Kenny did on his white pickup. They look SO good

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kenny's look really good. Thanks for the compliment. The rally wheels that I have are getting hard to come by nowadays. If you fimd any they are usually a pretty penny.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is your truck dropped at all? I plan on doing the exact same setup
Only the back is dropped about 2 inches. As for my rims, they are not clear coated. I striped the OE clear coat and paint off with some air craft paint striper I bought at Orileys. Then I painted the outter sections black.Then I buffed the rims out with a with a cotton buff on an air die grinder using some brown jewelers rouge first, then some white jewelers polish, with a new cotton buff, then hand buff with white diamond metal polish, and last, a polish seal with some new finish car wax. Now I just repeat the new finish every few months. I did the same thing on my tailgate banner.

Last edited:

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Not sure if I said this before, but that banner looks sweet! Wish I could do that to my 97's banner, but the winter and salt would definitely take a toll on it. Don't know if I can clear coat polished aluminum, or might be able to have someone powdercoat it so that it doesn't corrode.

24 Karat Brown

Completely Broke
Reaction score
Only the back is dropped about 2 inches. As for my rims, they are not clear coated. I striped the OE clear coat and paint off with some air craft paint striper I bought at Orileys. ThenTThen I painted the oitter sections black.Then I buffed the rims out with a with a cotton buff on an air die grinder using some brown jewelers rouge first, then some white jewelers polish the, with a new cotton buff, then hand buff with white diamond metal polish, and last, a polish seal with some new finish car wax. Now I just repeat the new finish every few months. I did the same thing on my tailgate banner.

So if I did the same thing, but clearcoated it, I wouldnt have to worry about waxing in theory. My truck is dropped 2/4 (well, its in the process)