What is your GMT400 history?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1995 Chevrolet K1500 Silverado ECSB (August 2012-August 31st 2013)
Paid $3,100 cash and spent over $4,000 on it in the year I owned it

Out of all 4 of the vehicles I've owned so far it ranks number 2 (favorites) despite all the problems it gave me. Never bothered me in the slightest for how beat she looked. Traded it in on my Duramax because I was afraid the rear part of the frame was going to rust all the way through and I wanted something with working heat and air conditioning for once. Some guy bought it from the dealer I traded it to and uses it as a work truck but is slowly fixing it back up.

You must be registered for see images attach

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My dad owned several 400's. I've mainly owned 80's Chevy's and also have had a 03 Duramax that I sold to buy the Z71 I have now. I like it a lot and plan to hold on to it since its so clean. I used to buy and sell but I've gotten out of that habit and would rather start hoarding since I regret selling a lot of the stuff I used to own lol. Anyway my 95 Z71 my first GMT400 May 14th, 2014- now

pwrfool

Reaction score
1995 K1500 Bought it brand new June 30th 1995 still have it, still drive it everyday, still modifying..

Attachments

• IMG_0359.jpg
    IMG_0359.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 37

lovell11b

Reaction score
To:ChrisAU..Where did you get your bumpers! If you made them do you still have all the measurements? I have access to a waterjet CNC machine and I have been looking far and near for a set of good looking bumpers and yours are only ones for me!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Tactical armor Group bumpers. Read reviews of that company. most are horrible

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Tactical armor Group bumpers. Read reviews of that company. most are horrible

Yeah that is where the front one on the lifted blue truck came from. I thought it was a really nice bumper, just takes forever to get one. The one's on my '94 I have now (about to update my OP) are from Logans Metal Works. They fudged up the front by not building it for a body lift and cut off communications. So don't recommend them either.

'89/'92Chevy/GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first "True Love" a 1991 Chevy Sport RCSB, AKA lil Black. It's what got me hooked on 400s. When I got it, it had only 139,000 kms, but it needed some things. Did the drivers side box side and cab corner, drivers window needed replacing, tires, brakes, thermostat, plugs, wires, and cap. It was a sad day when it went down the road, but I needed the money to go to school. If I ever see one for sale again I will buy it.

Then I got my second 400 a few years later. 1989 K1500 RCSS. Needed a full on resto, but I was just looking for a hunting truck and something that I could get to work in that wouldn't matter if I got it dirty inside. I drove the truck for about a year until the engine sprung a nasty leak. I wasn't able to diagnose the problem myself, dad wasn't available to help, and couldn't afford to put any money into it at the time so it sat for several years.

In the process of it sitting I decided to do a resto on it and get it into a fairly nice running and driving truck for running around in. Which lead to my third 400. 1992 GMC C1500 RCSB, AKA GTA or Grand Theft Auto. The '92 I bought as a theft recovery for parts to put the '89 back together again and update it some.

For an over view of the project check out my build thread if you haven't already seen it.
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?1013-The-89-92-Chevy-GMC-Build-up-AKA-lil-Black

Now after a lot of years worth of blood, sweat, and tears I am close to being done my transformation project. I was planning on naming the truck 'lil black" after the first one, but it has taken on a new name the last few years. It will now be called ZEKE.

Last edited: