what is this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ohioscott

Reaction score
what is the slide sensor that is under the dash to right of the steering column? Looks like it might be tied to the manual 4x4 floor shifter. thanks in advance. btw newbie here

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
The plastic in the ball socket is wore out. I had to lightly heat the new one when i put it on to soften it a little and it finally would snap on.

BTW, Welcome to the forum

ohioscott

Reaction score
The plastic in the ball socket is wore out. I had to lightly heat the new one when i put it on to soften it a little and it finally would snap on.

BTW, Welcome to the forum
thanks for the reply and repair info. Any reason I cant just leave it disconnected

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Noticed mine did the same thing on my 97. It must stop you from shifting from P to any other gear without the brake? I dunno, for some reason I can shift from P to R without pressing the brake, even when the key is off. That rod is the only thing I can think off that would cause this.

I just leave it disconnected and I have had no issues.