What is this connector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I think I’ve solved my mystery. I found the mating connector.

It’s for the cab roof lights and rear view mirror!

You must be registered for see images attach

The brown wire is for the cab roof lights. The green and pink wire are for the auto dimming mirror and compass. The black wire I’m assuming is ground for everything.

The project I’m working on involves swapping the entire drivetrain from a 2000 GMT400 K3500 RCLB into a 1995 CCLB K3500 and apparently GM felt the need to change how they wired the cab lights and mirror. [emoji849]

In 1995 they plugged into the convenience center. The cab lights are the black and white wires in the picture below. The mirror is at least the pink wire. I haven’t figured out what the orange wire is, but if you look in the first picture, the orange wire doesn’t even pass through the 2000 connector. My guess is it powers the map lights in the overhead console. [emoji848]

Another difference is that the 1995 mirror has only two wires where the 2000 uses three. Why is that?

1995 mirror (yes that’s pink and black. The pink is just sun faded)

2000 mirror connector

The compass mirrors do look different, but they look to have the same functionality.

I think my solution is not to worry about this blue connector coming out of the 2000 instrument cluster wiring harness as I’m sticking with 1995 interior accessory harness and since it feeds off the convenience center I’m good there. This wasn’t the only difference I have come across inside the cab, of course. GM decided to swap pins and/or male to female connectors for the heater box, the brake switch and whatever the white connector is in this picture.

This swap would have been so much easier if I had a CCLB interior harness. [emoji19]

Once I get everything all figured out I plan to do a write up on everything I had to change to accommodate the swap assuming someone out there would find it useful?

Thank you everyone for your help, especially east302.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: