What is this connector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone please help me figure out where this connector goes? This is a 2000 gmt400 wiring harness. I’ve got the dash pulled down to better see it. I’ve looked all around and can’t find where there’s a place for it. Any help would be much appreciated! I’m stuck.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Best guess is it goes to the convenience center, but if it’s that blue ten pin connector in your first photo then that wouldn’t be it.

But mine is a 98. I’ve taken the dash down twice and the connector doesn’t look familiar. I went and looked and don’t see anything under mine that matches, either. Sorry, no help.

Edit: I did a thread a while back on my dash, maybe you can spot it in the photos.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/dash-removal-and-replacement.38536/

There were some connectors at the top near the airbag connectors, the blue one looks similar to yours.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you’re correct. That’s the connector I’m looking for. And it’s where I would expect it. For whatever reason I don’t see its mating connector. I’ll do some more looking tonight. It’s got to be there. I don’t have all the yellow wires as this is a 3500 truck.

I think it also shows up here:

And here:

Any idea what it is going to? My guess is the convenience features on the passenger side?

By the way, that was an amazing write up! Well done, thank you.

Last edited:

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure what it goes to, but I think it was wrapped in some foam along with the airbag connectors and tucked into the top.

I took this thing down again a month or two ago, this is the only picture I have of that foam...

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone please help me figure out where this connector goes? This is a 2000 gmt400 wiring harness.

Hmmm - 2000 gmt400 or are you putting a GMT400 harness in a 2000 truck? Again my CRS kicked in but I thought GMT400s were 1988 - 1998?

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, the GMT400 went all the way through 2000 in the 3500s.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Also they didn't have air bags. If that is an Air bag connector That would explain why they were taped up out of the way

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also they didn't have air bags. If that is an Air bag connector That would explain why they were taped up out of the way

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
That was my thought, but I have no factual basis, purely speculation.