What is this connector for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Klassen

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this connector is for with the brown wire? I tested it with my multimeter and it's switched 12v which is what I'm looking for to wire my LS swap alternator.
You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Don't use any old wire to power the alternator, use the correct wire that's already there for that application. The single wire pictured might be for the optional solenoid for the second battery?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, there IS a correct wire still in there from GM all properly sized and fused. I suspect it's on C100, the big rectangular plug bolted to the firewall right near where that brown wire is.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What was it connected too? Is this an LS engine swap or an LS alternator swap? And your using the OE wiring diagrams in section 8 right?
There is a bazillion LS swap diagrams guides on net, have looked at any?

Klassen

Reaction score
Simple question. What is the connector for? All other information is irrelevant. It was never plugged into anything on my truck

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Simple question. What is the connector for? All other information is irrelevant. It was never plugged into anything on my truck

So now you're just determined to half@$$ this alternator wiring. Here is the mystery wire in its intended home.

Klassen

Reaction score
So now you're just determined to half@$$ this alternator wiring. Here is the mystery wire in its intended home.

You don't know what your talking about. The alternator needs connection to positive battery terminal and 1 switched 12v reference with a resistor. I don't see how giving the alternator exactly what's required is half assing anything.