What have you towed lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I can double dip in here (also posted in my build thread), it's a good add for the thread as it isn't light duty.

You must be registered for see images attach

New to me CCSB with a busted ass front end. Balanced out very nicely, easy pull home for the dually. On the order of 11-12k truck and trailer combined. No way it was gonna fit nose first. And for the record, I have had a CCLB dually in this trailer before too.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I can double dip in here (also posted in my build thread), it's a good add for the thread as it isn't light duty.

New to me CCSB with a busted ass front end. Balanced out very nicely, easy pull home for the dually. On the order of 11-12k truck and trailer combined. No way it was gonna fit nose first. And for the record, I have had a CCLB dually in this trailer before too.

Wow I thought the white one was a tight squeeze! Doesn't look like more than a finger between truck and trailer wall....

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Did you winch it in? Damn fine job!

I did winch it in (no power train at that point), I had initially taped the fenders anticipating they'd drag but peeled it off for the pic once I saw I'd cleared. It didn't tow great behind the dually after the motor and trans went in (yes I did it more than once), but it was miles from white knuckle. It was just sooooo much tongue weight it would bob the front end with a good healthy bump in the road.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pulled my camper for the last time. Took deposit Friday, got paid and signed the title over Tuesday. Kind of bittersweet but it was time to let it go.
The money from this will get the truck fixed up because it was absolutely gutless pulling, not sure what's going on, once I get the crew cab back this truck is going to go down for a bit while I figure out what's going on.

Attachments

• PXL_20230329_212722079.jpg
    PXL_20230329_212722079.jpg
    676 KB · Views: 10

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A house on wheels won't cut through the air like your open deck. I imagine whatever the truck was doing was only exacerbated to that extent.
It pulled way better last spring on my way to Myrtle Beach, even with the misfiring the truck still maintained 50 MPH. Even with the open deck trailer it struggles a bit.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
finally found the pic I sent to my brother before hitting the road after fixing the brake lines on trailer.

Good thing for air bags on truck and air ride on trailer with electric/hydraulic disk brakes on trailer.
Thats 140psi in the truck rear bags and about 80psi on trailer bags. It rode very smooth to be overloaded tho.
Roughly 45,000# gross weight.

Attachments

• 20220304_104256.jpg
    20220304_104256.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 29