What have you towed lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When are you gonna put something on that trailer?

Good question! It's first load behind my truck is more than likely going to be a bunch of pallets I need to haul to my buddy's house.

Kinda let down with how the truck pulled it, sometimes it pulled it strong, held the speed limit with power on tap, and couldn't even feel it was back there, other times it was it couldn't get out of it's own way.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You have a 411 with some lovin put on it, right? You should be able to drag a car on that thing locked in OD all day.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think @Mangonesailor did do a little to it, I don't remember what all he tweaked though.

The gears are probably killing me on some of the power though, I need to find some 4.10s.

Gears and tires are definitely killing you unfortunately.

I think I changed the shift points around, just when it shifted. No pressures.

You need to install a tow/haul shifter and that would help a lot. You can just manually shift in the meantime so it's not as strained. Consult the manual for your tow ratings and probably go about 750lbs lighter as far as your max if you're not using tow mode.

Now, I had tow/haul in the wrong pin and pulled my Subaru home with it. 6klbs with 4.11s, and it did it no issue with tow haul. So, hold your gears one way or another until you get regeared, then use as needed. Watch trans temp until then especially.

Once you get your wideband in you can drive it up my way and we can actually VE/MAF tune it for the day. Then we can mess with power enrichment. I think I turned the threshold down for PE for your truck to give you some protection. I'll update this post once I double-check on that.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I changed the shift points around, just when it shifted. No pressures.

You need to install a tow/haul shifter and that would help a lot. You can just manually shift in the meantime so it's not as strained. Consult the manual for your tow ratings and probably go about 750lbs lighter as far as your max if you're not using tow mode.

Now, I had tow/haul in the wrong pin and pulled my Subaru home with it. 6klbs with 4.11s, and it did it no issue with tow haul. So, hold your gears one way or another until you get regeared, then use as needed. Watch trans temp until then especially.

Once you get your wideband in you can drive it up my way and we can actually VE/MAF tune it for the day. Then we can mess with power enrichment. I think I turned the threshold down for PE for your truck to give you some protection. I'll update this post once I double-check on that.

I pulled in 3rd a majority of the time, and only shifted to 4th on flat ground; which the route I took to the junkyard was nothing but hills.
I think I remember you set PE to come on at 2500 RPMs, and I don't think I really came close to touching that just cruising along.