What have you towed lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Pulling it wasn't too bad.couple sketchy moments, mainly the roads and locale I was driving through.it was only about 400 lbs over the weight limit for the trailer. Curb weight is 5694 and trailer limit is 5290. Definitely a bit long for the trailer. But it works, in case anyone was wondering.definitely wouldn't recommend it for a long haul...hopefully no one on here works for uhaul, and if you do, please don't rat me out man

JavaMan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
**** 'em. :)

There's more weight in front of the axles, not seeing why it would be fishtaily.
Right the engine is in front. But the tail of the Suburban hangs about 4 feet behind the tail of the trailer. The 45 gallon gas tank is behind the rear wheels of the burban, completely behind the tail of the trailer. I am assuming the tank was low, but a full tank could way 400 pounds. It's about 7 feet behind the axles, while the engine is only a couple feet in front of them. Leverage comes into play.

I have a flatbed trailer where the axles are right in the middle of the trailer. If I leave the ramps on, I can't drive over 50 without it fishtailing on me. So I generally takes the ramps off, and strap them down in front of the axles which makes it tow nice even at 75. I tried leaving the ramps at home one time when I would not need them for loading, and the trailer was a bit squirrelly. So I keep the ramps strapped to the front even when I will not need them.
So maybe I've gotten a little overboard with keeping weight in front. Maybe keeping the ramps in front isn't as necessary now that I've upgraded to a 2500, but I still do it because I feel safer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I get the concept behind weight distribution, but when the wheelbase is that long you're going to have an ass overhang like that no matter what. Obviously any extremes will increase your polar moment of inertia, but I've pulled duallies open deck before and not gotten any tail wag with a long rear overhang like that. It only looks bad because the Uhaul trailer is so short.

JavaMan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
With my poorly designed trailer any weight near the tail of the trailer is not good, and weight past the tail is bad. It's a 23 foot bed, so even a suburban would not overhang.
It's partly my fault, I didn't think to measure where the axles are in trailer proportion. I just was looking at overall appearance and deck board quality and talked him into a discount for worn tires.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
a k2500 burban with a 2500eclb. Plenty of umph, but the trailer I used sat a bit high and she got a lil fishtaily over 50. Its kind of difficult to drive under 55 on the interstate.
You must be registered for see images attach
Smh

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Don't want anyone to think I'm some jerk trying to kill everyone else on the road with my crazy shenanigans... I wouldn't have driven it if I felt it was that unsafe.i did a lengthy test run before I hit the interstate and knew my speed and maneuverability limits. was it not my best decision ever, yes. But the trailer I was going to use was out of commission and I wanted to pick up the burb before one of you savages stumbled across it and snatched it up. Was the lil risk involved worth a super clean k2500 burban for next to nothing? In my opinion, yes.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't want anyone to think I'm some jerk trying to kill everyone else on the road with my crazy shenanigans... I wouldn't have driven it if I felt it was that unsafe.i did a lengthy test run before I hit the interstate and knew my speed and maneuverability limits. was it not my best decision ever, yes. But the trailer I was going to use was out of commission and I wanted to pick up the burb before one of you savages stumbled across it and snatched it up. Was the lil risk involved worth a super clean k2500 burban for next to nothing? In my opinion, yes.

I've seen sketchier **** running 75 down the interstate; ever seen a Mexico bound car train? Typically 3 to 4 cars being flat towed behind each other.
I hate that those U-Haul trailers are designed to not fit anything larger than a car.