What have you towed lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Good thing I don't have your space, cuz I'd definitely have that much crap after 14 years.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been project collecting for years. I use to haul scrap metal for extra money too. The price per ton was $200+ for a lot of years. Over about a 6 month period a few years ago, it dropped to $48. It has worked it's way back up to about $90, but that isn't high enough for me to haul it the 250 miles to make it pay, so now it is all going to the local dump. I have also decided I'm too old for most of those projects. This shot out old body just can't do what it use to do!

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Load #3. At least half of this crap belongs to my boys! They have grown up and moved out and left all their half baked projects behind. I’m actually starting to see some of the old yard I about forgot I had!

You must be registered for see images attach

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
retrieving my broken freightliner.. gross 25,000lbs

You must be registered for see images

bought a truck drove it home, so i hauled the the suburban back.. since everyone was busy at the time..

bought and built this in '12 '99 C3500HD with a 6.5/4L85 blew the 6.5 up swapped a 6.6 LBZ dmax in and ran it with the 4L85 until direct TV hit me
I wish those pics worked! Sounds like somthing I'd like to see!
I have been project collecting for years. I use to haul scrap metal for extra money too. The price per ton was $200+ for a lot of years. Over about a 6 month period a few years ago, it dropped to $48. It has worked it's way back up to about $90, but that isn't high enough for me to haul it the 250 miles to make it pay, so now it is all going to the local dump. I have also decided I'm too old for most of those projects. This shot out old body just can't do what it use to do!
Oh how I miss they days of 200 a ton scrap. Sadly I was too young to take much advantage of it more than a couple cars a month. If only o could have scrapped like i do now back then I woulda made a fortune. Heres a load from this week.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The best run I had paid $265/ton. I ran 2-3 weekends a month that summer. I collected scrap from anywhere I could find it. I had to go 200 miles to get to a salvage yard that would pay. Now I'm just dumping it at the local city dump in their metal pile, for nothing. They won't even help lift the stuff off so my poor old trailer is taking a beating when we unload. On the bright side, when I'm done the trailer will get the shop space for the winter to get rebuilt.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Wow yah I dont think we ever saw it that high up here. We were down to 30 a ton for almost a year. I probably scrapped 20 trucks during that time for next to nothing. Luckily the yard I go to is really close.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Load #4 is on its way. I should have started this project a month earlier, now I get crappy roads for the last couple loads.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Buncha crap

blacksport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i didn't tow it but i hauled my 5.3 swap to the shop that i will be doing the swap at........:boti:

Last edited: