What have you towed lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tongan310

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just curious, i live 20 min from where damn near every rv/camper in america is built so i see dozens of trucks with campers every day.

That's awesome! I'll post a few more pics of the setup later. I couldn't move it much at the storage yard because I had my brake controller wired wrong (In other words 0 trailer brakes)

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
That's awesome! I'll post a few more pics of the setup later. I couldn't move it much at the storage yard because I had my brake controller wired wrong (In other words 0 trailer brakes)
Yea 17k would be tricky to move around with only truck brakes. Ive thought about buying a diesel and hauling campers. There is a couple companys that will show you the map of places units need to go and you pick when and where you want to go and the pay is great if you own your own truck. 2 or 3 long hauls a month would easily make a $50k truck payment and pay for all the fuel and insurance. All ya need is a chauffers license and dot physical.

Tongan310

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea 17k would be tricky to move around with only truck brakes. Ive thought about buying a diesel and hauling campers. There is a couple companys that will show you the map of places units need to go and you pick when and where you want to go and the pay is great if you own your own truck. 2 or 3 long hauls a month would easily make a $50k truck payment and pay for all the fuel and insurance. All ya need is a chauffers license and dot physical.

Just gotta save up for at least 3 months of operation first just so I don't go diving into a red zone of debt.

I'm guessing there was no OD used on that haul. . .

No trailer brakes when moving it around the storage yard. (What's 2nd gear? lol) Will never see OD..