What have you towed lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
This trailer, about 2/3 full, to the trader's village swap meet on Friday, will tow back across Houston tomorrow....and the bed was full of tables and parts too.
The big boy did great! I plan on doing some preventive maintenance before going to Austin next month for the Roundup. But other than that, looks like Rawhide will do that trip well.

Attachments

• IMG_20230310_115309816_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230310_115309816_HDR.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 9

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
What do you sell at the meets?
Mostly toy cars and trucks (hence my username!)but also parts, shop manuals, vintage magazines, whatever other stuff I think I can sell at a meet. I brought some Star Wars figures to this one, since it's nextdoor to the market and many people who come there are in that fandom. Sold one today, actually.... along with many toy trucks and cars. I got a bunch of '90s and newer Rod& Custom magazines today; some will go into my personal collection, but most will be sold at the show next month. I was picking those out of one box, and he offered me a great price if I bought all of them.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Mostly toy cars and trucks (hence my username!)but also parts, shop manuals, vintage magazines, whatever other stuff I think I can sell at a meet. I brought some Star Wars figures to this one, since it's nextdoor to the market and many people who come there are in that fandom. Sold one today, actually.... along with many toy trucks and cars. I got a bunch of '90s and newer Rod& Custom magazines today; some will go into my personal collection, but most will be sold at the show next month. I was picking those out of one box, and he offered me a great price if I bought all of them.

Is it just a fun thing you do or is it a decent side hustle for you?

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Is it just a fun thing you do or is it a decent side hustle for you?
It can be decent if the show is good enough. I've been collecting little vehicles for most of my life, and really got enough to get into selling them at shows and swap meets in 1998. Didn't know I would be having a 400 series in my future or I would have picked up more of the little ones then! I've always been around cars and trucks; when I wasn't at school or home, I was at the auto parts store working (when we had that). Then it was doing stuff with our vehicles and going to the wrecking yards with Dad.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
You also have to "strike while the iron is hot" on meets and shows in Texas, because the spring and fall are when we have most of them here. February through May, then it starts up again in September. Some are in the "winter" but if it's too cold or rainy, people don't come out. And summers are just too hot unless the show is inside in the AC.... I talked to a guy yesterday about a new swap meet he's putting on in late August, in Waco, Texas, at one of the college stadiums. He was telling me how "if you want to go to a swap meet that month, his is the only one"....and I'm thinking,"dude do you know why that is?" Years ago we went to a swap meet at the county fairgrounds in Giddings, near Austin. Drove up Friday and set up, in a covered pavilion. Two nights in a motel for the 4 of us, was way more than we made on Saturday, and Sunday morning everyone else left. It was sweltering and not many people came in the first place....
And the next week was when school started, so most people had spent what money they had on getting the kiddos ready. Only did that once..... I think that meet died quietly a couple of years later.
Another thing that often happens, is on the best weekends, they'll be multiple shows. So the vendors have to decide which one to do, based on proximity to them or how well they do at them.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Might be a good thing....one of my cousins in Oklahoma had a large collection of tractor and farm equipment models, and was amazed by what some of them were worth.