What have you towed lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still impressive imo, just goes to show that these things can last a long time!
For sure. The motor would of still been in it if my dad hadn't drivin 50miles at 210+ degrees .. that was around 300000miles though. But I do love the 350. When he gave it to me it was still exciting to drive even though it's been worn down

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The best i ever got was 14 and only happened for two tanks then it never happened again. I take it easy on mine and i cant even get 13 now. It sucks driving something full size, but who doesn’t like daily driving a tank?!

I nailed 14.5 on my highway driving through WI and MI in my 1500. That's as good as it gets. The rest of my empty trip from CO to MI and back was mostly around 13. In the winter the pig pulls 10. Same drivetrain as you so you're right on.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
With a 350 to boot! I need to get my truck dialed in so I can tow confidently.
You have 4.10s don't you?

Funny story about his truck, I was going to go check it out for my brother and I even sent it to another member who was looking for southern trucks

Dude I came to the conclusion they didn't exist. Then I bought mine and found one like a week later. I was so pissed.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The best i ever got was 14 and only happened for two tanks then it never happened again. I take it easy on mine and i cant even get 13 now. It sucks driving something full size, but who doesn’t like daily driving a tank?!

I hear you. I actually find it kind of funny. My wifes car like $25 to fill up.. mine like $70 half a tank lol. She used to get annoyed and never understood why I always prefer to take the suburban nomatter what..

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I nailed 14.5 on my highway driving through WI and MI in my 1500. That's as good as it gets. The rest of my empty trip from CO to MI and back was mostly around 13. In the winter the pig pulls 10. Same drivetrain as you so you're right on.
What’s weird about when i got 14mpg though was i just rebuilt the front end and went up a tire size, then all of a Sudden my mpg went up. I really don’t mind the 12mpg though id say it’s pretty good for what it is lol. What’s the dually get?
I hear you. I actually find it kind of funny. My wifes car like $25 to fill up.. mine like $70 half a tank lol. She used to get annoyed and never understood why I always prefer to take the suburban nomatter what..
Same here people think i am crazy for driving my truck everywhere but i mean why ride in a car? Lmao.
Let me guess: the ball vent for the AC.
What ****** me off is my ac doesn’t work but even when it did my ball vent didn’t work!! What kind of bs is that.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There’s a couple of them around here. Sometimes i wish i had a crew cab though.

Yes i have 4.10s i love them. The only downside to them is 60mph is 2000 rpm and she’s a gas hog in general. I will say though it does pretty good on highways i drove about 3 hours total one day from a gas station to chapel hill and back to the gas station and only put $18 in gas and that’s when gas was high! Now in town, I struggle to get 13mpg. Really? I bought this truck back in 2016, the rims were plasti dipped black then but that had to go i hated it. Chrome looks way better but I’m gonna get some new polished bullet holes sometime before too long.

Were you trying to sell the truck at one point? I distinctly remember seeing it up for sale on FB Marketplace sometime last summer I believe.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
TX is no joke that's for damn sure. I watched the humidity take its toll on my AC temps as my journey progressed from dry to not. I've had this truck in AR in July and it's not all that.

I think we get used to it. Lol. I remember having all 4 windows down and still sticking to the seat many times.. I think that's why I got a heavy foot cause I had to step on it so the wind would blow in.