What does all this mean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rwsmith18

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m hoping y’all can give me a quick and easy fix for what’s ailing my 1990 k1500 .

Symptoms:
No taillights
No illumination on instrument cluster
Turn signals come on but on the front of the truck and on the instrument panel but stay solid and do not blink .
No cruise control
Windshield wipers are intermittent .

As far as I can tell everything is working fine. I’m hoping theres like a master fuse I’m missing or something .

Thanks for the help

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Some wire is probably touching somewhere it shouldn't. You're going to have to look over the dashboard wiring harness carefully and be sure nothing is pinched or grounding out. Could be the multi function switch or headlight switch, but more likely in the wiring. That's my best guess anyway

Rwsmith18

Reaction score
Some wire is probably touching somewhere it shouldn't. You're going to have to look over the dashboard wiring harness carefully and be sure nothing is pinched or grounding out. Could be the multi function switch or headlight switch, but more likely in the wiring. That's my best guess anyway
Ok illl work on that . Also, what is this

Attachments

• 4A049F00-0E22-4C7E-8B63-1E5560A3BC00.jpeg
    4A049F00-0E22-4C7E-8B63-1E5560A3BC00.jpeg
    194.3 KB · Views: 16

Thomas Moore

Reaction score
I had a lot weird-ass electrical problems like that and I replaced the ground straps. I had 2, one from frame to engine block and one from frame to body/cab. They are the braided copper straps in the engine compartment.

Rwsmith18

Reaction score
Update: signal flasher and new dimmer switch fixed the lights .

Still no cruise control but I’m wondering if that’s due to my brake warning light still on.

I’ve seen some people just disable there abs system all together what are the benefits of this ?