What do you think of this 4 door dually?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I texted the guy and he says that he put the new crate engine in himself, and the rebuilt trans and t case were installed before he bought it. He doesn't have paperwork for any of it (that he mentioned anyways) and he wouldn't tell me what "new crate" engine he put it.

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a beast...I like it.
Would bet truck was used harder than it was maintained. PO got a good deal on it, used it until the motor let go. Wasn't ready or able to buy a new rig so took the path or least resistance getting back on the road. Now it is nickle and dimeing him to death and he wants out?
Offer him 3500k less (pun intended) - then but a roots blower through the hood - want to see a prostreet obs dually :)

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Paperwork is like pictures. I need them, or it didn't happen...
X's 2. A salvage yard shipping an engine in a crate does not a crate engine it make. lol New to some people means new to the truck your looking at, and some rebuild engines with a can of spray paint. No paperwork makes it anybodies guess.

I don't know what they typically go for but replacing things that broke along the way doesn't inherently add value above and beyond. It just makes it worth more than a broken truck.

Last edited:

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it a C or a K ? Got a fifth wheel, so you have to presume it's towed overwieght and hard on brake life. Auto or stick?
It is a K, Auto. You are probably right about it being beaten on.

It doesn't seem like a good deal. I am a total tight ass, so I wanted to get more opinions before I quit looking at the truck.