What did you do to your street truck today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Retightened the bolts on my headers where the collectors join to the pipe with a 3 bolt flange. They came with flared nuts that have a scalloped face to stop them coming loose but they still do. I put a second nut on each one as a lock nut and they still come loose. I suppose it's to do with the expansion and contraction cycles but this time I lost both nuts and a bolt on on side. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think plywood/chipboard would break down with used motor oil impregnating it?
That is a very interesting question. Maybe not, I think the oil might not make the cellulose expand like water does, but it might also breakdown the “adhesive” used to make them?

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love it !! And you don't have to replace it every time you take it off like the stock plastic one.
Sweet thanks, I’m still confused on the water pump though, some reviews say no worries others say there’s issues. I can’t imagine a timing cover designed for a vortec engine wouldn’t fit behind an acdelco pump designed for a vortec engine.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Retightened the bolts on my headers where the collectors join to the pipe with a 3 bolt flange. They came with flared nuts that have a scalloped face to stop them coming loose but they still do. I put a second nut on each one as a lock nut and they still come loose. I suppose it's to do with the expansion and contraction cycles but this time I lost both nuts and a bolt on on side. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I’ve had good luck with the type of lock but that’s pinched, by good luck I mean I usually break the stud/bolt they are attached too if I have to remove them and they’ve been in a while.
You must be registered for see images attach

Side note: be careful searching “pinched nuts” on the internet…

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve had good luck with the type of lock but that’s pinched, by good luck I mean I usually break the stud/bolt they are attached too if I have to remove them and they’ve been in a while.
You must be registered for see images attach

Side note: be careful searching “pinched nuts” on the internet…
That's kind of what I was looking at, I need something that will stay on even if it gets loose. The last thing I want to do is drive over the bolt when it comes out and puncture my own tire, they are damned expensive down here. I agree on the "side note" the internet is not always your friend.