Discussion in 'Offroad Chat / Trail Ride Reports / Carnage' started by Mike, Dec 3, 2009.
Got me some mud grips on today
Been picking off something every other weekend or so. My 97 Z71 will be my son's first truck next year, so getting little things done to make it right. So far this month, the two projects we've tackled have been the best two improvements to the truck so far.
Last week 4-hi mod. Actually the 4-hi is nice and looks good, but converting to relays and direct wire from the battery was the biggie. World of difference in night time visibility just with the low beams.
Past Weekend Replaced both door hinge sets and the the spring roller bolt. Originally driver side sagged bad, but closed fine. Passenger side seemed not to sag as bad, but you had to slam it to get it to shut, and looking at the latch mechanism it was getting tore up. Started with the driver side hinge set, while doing that noticed how bent (about to break) the spring roller bolt was. I feel like this wasn't included in the write ups, but maybe I just missed it. Once I found out that could be replaced we did that too. Next started on Passenger side. Found out there was no spring in it at all. Got pins and bolts replaced and made another run to parts store for spring. Both doors close great now, and the body lines on both sides match up great.
New shoes,. 17x9 32x11.5
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Separate names with a comma.