What can i put where Rear seat was

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My current dilemma also. I'm looking into seats or seat brackets that will fold and slide forward-the front-in order to get back there more easily. Suggestions solicited. Then, I would remove the rear seat and build something as suggested here. Also, has anyone removed the center jump seat to make a sort of crawl thru area?

look at traverse captain chair from a second row. They fold forward. Thats what im doing

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
here it is.... it's a beautiful truck! https://www.gmt400.com/threads/original-owner-94-k1500-stepside-extended-cab.52420/#post-1155215

img_0116-jpg.234791

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Me being a 300+ lb foodie, and you living where you do... I'm thinkin' a giant pot of gumbo and a whole bunch of dirty rice, no? ;)

I like the idea of using space, but where I live, if they can see in your vehicle and think something is useful, you're broken into. If you've got dark tint, then you MUST be hiding something...so you're broken into. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
boudin & cracklins

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
more bitches

just kidding

TOOLBOX?

if I had the room in my single cabs of a extended cab but no passenger needs, i would create a download tool area about a foot/foot.5 tall and put a folding carpeted lid on that I could fold up and access sliglht hidden stuff and tools etc. I would keep what i keep in my bed box. this way its locked, out of sight, etc. i can just not worry.
Then, If I go and say get grocieries or want to hide things or just have a flat surface, i would put it down and then its at comfortable grabbing level for my truck heights
I have a toolbox in the back seat, but the back seat is still installed, just folded up. The two top detachable boxes for that toolbox are stacked behind the driver's seat.
You must be registered for see images attach

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My current dilemma also. I'm looking into seats or seat brackets that will fold and slide forward-the front-in order to get back there more easily. Suggestions solicited. Then, I would remove the rear seat and build something as suggested here. Also, has anyone removed the center jump seat to make a sort of crawl thru area?
You mean the armrest/seatback type thing? 96+ or older? On my 98 it seems like its like 2 bolts or 2 nuts that hold the armrest assy. in place, but if you just removed it, then there'd be exposed hardware poking out of the side of the seat.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a toolbox in the back seat, but the back seat is still installed, just folded up. The two top detachable boxes for that toolbox are stacked behind the driver's seat.
You must be registered for see images attach
That’s where my toolbox would go if I had a back seat. **** passengers they can fit in the bed