What cam for single cab 2WDshortbed with new L31R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homeslice

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another update - after cleaning and swapping the O2 sensors, the random misfire appears to be gone. My coldstartup is successful 95% of the time without any pedal, but idle is not smooth. Warm starts are hit and miss still. My idle is not smooth, and IAC counts when hot in Park with A/C off is 50-60 steps. This is with slightly larger hole in TB blade, and adjustment screw in all the way cracking the TB blade open.

Should I consider drilling the hole a bit bigger still, and closing the TB blade by backing adjustment screw off ? I've read that IAC steps at hot idle in park should be between 10-20 to allow the IAC the most adjustment capability for cold starts, warm starts and overall driveability. Does this sound correct ?

BB is telling me my datalogs look good, and no need for tune update. Engine seems to run good everywhere but idle and startup.

Please help...Thanks, Mike

Brandon97

Reaction score
Another update - after cleaning and swapping the O2 sensors, the random misfire appears to be gone. My coldstartup is successful 95% of the time without any pedal, but idle is not smooth. Warm starts are hit and miss still. My idle is not smooth, and IAC counts when hot in Park with A/C off is 50-60 steps. This is with slightly larger hole in TB blade, and adjustment screw in all the way cracking the TB blade open.

Should I consider drilling the hole a bit bigger still, and closing the TB blade by backing adjustment screw off ? I've read that IAC steps at hot idle in park should be between 10-20 to allow the IAC the most adjustment capability for cold starts, warm starts and overall driveability. Does this sound correct ?

BB is telling me my datalogs look good, and no need for tune update. Engine seems to run good everywhere but idle and startup.

I wish I knew more about this setup to help ya I'm doing similar combo but goin with the edelbrock avs2 650 carb. Sure its not the duration of the cam causing it? Pcm4less is who i used when i was using the spider crap and keith from there told me to stay under 220 duration. Did you have any noticable gains on the bright side?