What cam and timing chain should i use in my 95

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
If i were to get a cam like this, how would i go about tuning the computer. Ive heard that i would have to reprogram the eeprom on the board or i could replace it with an emulated one so i could change it with my laptop. What products would you recomend. Thanks!

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for all the replies. I think im gonna have to go for that cloyes on rock auto. I had seen it for $80 on jegs but for 20 on rock auto im just gonna have to. Now i just gotta figure out a cam. My engine doesnt need it either i just figure while im in there i may as well put in something a bit beefier

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

I have a Cloyes Timing Chain Kit with a comp cam and I am running on a 750 Holley Carb setup which is prob diff than yours. I can tell you that you will need a tune and wouldnt get a new cam without one. Fuel delivery and everything will be changed. Also, if you retard or advance the timing with a custom tune you can make the truck do exactly what you want and when you want.

Lastly, do you plan on running a stall converter?

Good luck and enjoy.

budviper1962

Reaction score